Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> For that matter, our advice on shared_buffers ... and our design for it
> ... is going to need to change radically soon, since Linux is getting an
> ARC with a frequency cache as well as a recency cache, and FreeBSD and
> OpenSolaris already have them.

I knew about ZFS, but Linux is implementing ARC? There are good
reasons to avoid ARC. CAR seems like a more plausible candidate, since
it apparently acknowledges ARC's shortcomings and fixes them.

--
Peter Geoghegan