Re: AutoCommit statements do no work with postgresql 11.

От Jae Adams
Тема Re: AutoCommit statements do no work with postgresql 11.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply.

The document that I'm looking at this here.  I apologize for not sending the link.  I had thought that the URL would be included automatically through the link on the documentation website.

Regarding the info on the error message, there were posts mainly like these (nothing authoritative, just googling).

I am confused on the meaning of some of these things.  I built a c++ program that connects to a database, and then issues SQL statements through the native c++ drivers.  It should be acting as a client, rather than the server.  Is the library "libpq.so" really a server library?  Is there a different one I should use for the client?  It was running the command "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO ON" when it reported the error "unrecognized configuration parameter autocommit".

Can the client still specify to have autocommit either turned on or off?  If so, how is that done?

I appreciate any guidance you have.

-Jae

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 7:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> I have a c++ library built with libpq.so, and I am trying to run the
> statements "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO ON" and "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF".  According to
> the docs, it looks like those statements are valid.

Uh ... exactly what documentation are you looking at?

PG hasn't supported server-side autocommit since 7.3.x.  There is
an autocommit variable in psql, but we concluded the server-side
feature broke far more client code than it helped.

Сообщение: Re: AutoCommit statements do no work with postgresql 11.
Сообщение: Re: AutoCommit statements do no work with postgresql 11.