Re: I'm surprised to see the word master here

От Mike Taves
Тема Re: I'm surprised to see the word master here
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 10:57, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> With master/standby-replica-slave, it is clear what multi-master is, and
> what master/replica is.  If you start using active-active, is it
> active/replica?   The full choices are: ...

There are more choices. Coming from a different corner of computing,
we have changed these computing resource names to other
anthropomorphic titles found around office environments: "manager" and
either "worker" or "agent". With these names, some derived terms are
"multi-manager" and "standby-replica-worker".