Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:03 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

Committed after incorporating your other fixes and updating the
optimizer README.

Thanks Robert.

Off-list Rajkumar has reported an issue. When we have enable_hashagg set to false, and Gather Merge path is chosen, it ended-up in an error saying "ERROR:  Aggref found in non-Agg plan node".

I had a look over his provided testcase and observed that when we create a Gather Merge path over a cheapest partial path by sorting it explicitly as generate_gather_paths won't consider it, we accidentally used cheapest partial path from the input_rel to create a Gather Merge; instead we need a cheapest partial path from the partially_grouped_rel.

Attached fix_aggref_in_non-agg_error.patch fixing this. test_for_aggref_in_non-agg_error.patch has a testcase reported by Rajkumar which I have added in a aggregates.sql.

While doing so, I have observed few cleanup changes, added those in misc_cleanup.patch.

---

While re-basing my partitionwise aggregate changes, I observed that when we want to create partial aggregation paths for a child partition, we don't need to add Gather or Gather Merge on top of it as we first want to append them all and then want to stick a gather on it. So it will be better to have that code part in a separate function so that we can call it from required places.

I have attached patch (create_non_partial_paths.patch) for it including all above fix.

Thanks

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development

Вложения