Re: cache lookup failed for collation 0

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: cache lookup failed for collation 0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-04-11 17:04, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> The error is coming from get_collation_isdeterministic() when colloid
> passed is 0. I think like we do in get_collation_name(), we should
> return false here when such collation oid does not exist.

I'm not in favor of doing that.  It would risk papering over errors of
omission at other call sites.

The root cause is that the same code match_pattern_prefix() is being
used for text and bytea, but bytea does not use collations, so having
the collation 0 is expected, and we shouldn't call
get_collation_isdeterministic() in that case.

Proposed patch attached.

Looks fine to me.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company