Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar.raghuwanshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Jeevan,

while testing latest v3 patches, I am  getting a server crash if I reset partition_wise_agg_cost_factor, please take a look.

CREATE TABLE lp (a TEXT, b FLOAT, c INT) PARTITION BY LIST(c);
CREATE TABLE lp1 PARTITION OF lp FOR VALUES IN (10,20);
CREATE TABLE lp2 PARTITION OF lp FOR VALUES IN (30,40);

INSERT INTO lp VALUES ('a1',800, 20);
INSERT INTO lp VALUES ('a2',1250,30);
INSERT INTO lp VALUES ('a3',2975,20);
INSERT INTO lp VALUES ('a3',2850,30);

postgres=# SET enable_partition_wise_agg TO true;
SET
postgres=# SET partition_wise_agg_cost_factor TO 0.5;
SET
postgres=#
postgres=# SELECT MAX(b), AVG(b) FROM lp GROUP BY a HAVING a = 'a3' ORDER BY 1,2;
 max  |  avg
------+--------
 2975 | 2912.5
(1 row)

postgres=# RESET partition_wise_agg_cost_factor;
RESET
postgres=#
postgres=# SELECT MAX(b), AVG(b) FROM lp GROUP BY a HAVING a = 'a3' ORDER BY 1,2;
    before or while processing the request.
!>

Oops. Will fix this.

I have added these tests in testcase, but testcase is working as expected.
However running those steps on psql reproduces the crash (not consistent though).

Looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajkumar Raghuwanshi
QMG, EnterpriseDB Corporation

--
Jeevan Chalke
Principal Software Engineer, Product Development