Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.
Дата
Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
KyotaroHORIGUCHI wrote:<br /> >><br /> >> Restarting server with archive recovery fails as following
just<br/> >> after it was killed with SIGKILL after pg_start_backup and some<br /> >> wal writes but before
Onlinebackup started with pg_start_backup() must be<br /> >> |  ended with pg_stop_backup(), and all WAL up to
killthe server while a backup is in progress, the backup is broken. It's correct that the server refuses to start up
fromthe broken backup. So basically, don't do that.<p dir="ltr">Hmm.. What I did is simplly restarting server  just
aftera crash but the server was accidentially in backup mode. No backup copy is used. Basically, the server is in the
samesituation with the simple restart after crash. The difference here is the restarting made the database completly
uselesswhile it had been not. I wish to save the database for the case and I suppose it so acceptable.<p