Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4
Дата
Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
glance.<p>OnFri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <<a
href="mailto:hlinnakangas@vmware.com">hlinnakangas@vmware.com</a>>wrote:<br /> > One idea to fix this is to not
setcurFileTLI, until the page header on the<br /> > just-opened file has been verified. Another idea is to change
thecheck in<br /> > XLogFileReadAnyTLI() that currently forbids curFileTLI from moving<br /> > backwards. We
couldallow curFileTLI to move backwards, as long as the<br /> > tli is >= ThisTimeLineID (ThisTimeLineID is the
approach.With the patch, the test script<br /> > works for me. Thoughts?<p>I am uncertain a bit weather it is
necessaryto move curFileTLI to anywhere randomly read . On a short glance, the random access occurs also for reading
checkpoint-relatedrecords.<br /> Also I don't have clear distinction between lastSegmentTLI and curFileTLI after the
patchapplied. Although , I need look closer around them to understand.<p>> PS. This wasn't caused by the 9.2.4
changeto do crash recovery before<br /> > entering archive recovery. The test script fails in the same way with

Сообщение: Re: pg_controldata gobbledygook
Сообщение: Re: pg_controldata gobbledygook