Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 9 Jul 2022 at 21:46, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder how much dead code for ancient operating systems we could now
> drop.

> 0002-Remove-dead-getrusage-replacement-code.patch

I thought the getrusage replacement code was for Windows. Does
getrusage on Windows actually do anything useful?

More generally I think there is a question about whether some of these
things are "supported" in only a minimal way to satisfy standards but
maybe not in a way that we actually want to use. Getrusage might exist
on Windows but not actually report the metrics we need, reentrant
library functions may be implemented by simply locking instead of
actually avoiding static storage, etc.

--
greg