Re: Insert query hangs

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Insert query hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao
<m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> wrote:

> We analysed one more thing when we removed the unique index from the table it is working fine.
> Is there any issue in indexing?
>
> Is there any option to repair the table or its indexing?

REINDEX is useful for indexes.

From the sounds of it you had an uncommitted transaction that had
inserted a conflicting id. If you were able to drop the index the
other transaction had committed (or aborted) by that time.

It's possible there was corruption but that doesn't usually lead to a
hang and you haven't provided enough information to think that was the
case.

--
greg