Re: Column mis-spelling hints vs case folding

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Column mis-spelling hints vs case folding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
12:16PM, Tom Lane <<a href="mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us">tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</a>> wrote:<br /> > > A newbie
errorthat we see *constantly* is misunderstanding identifier<br /> > > case-folding rules. <br /><p
dir="ltr">>> I think this hint might be a lot more useful if its comparison mechanism<br /> > > were
outcase insensitive that would be an improvement. Nobody sane has similar columns that differ only in case.<p
dir="ltr">Butif the original token was not quoted and the suggested token requires quoting IWBNI the hint directly
addressedthat source of confusion.<p dir="ltr">But if that gets fiddly, trying to squeeze too much in one hint then
betterthe generic hint then nothing at all. I don't want to kill a good simple change with bike shedding here