Re: Q on SQL Performance tuning

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Q on SQL Performance tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 06:29, legrand legrand
<legrand_legrand@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are many tools:
> - (core) extension pg_stat_statements will give you informations of SQL
> executions,

I've had enormous success using pg_stat_statements and gathering the
data over time in Prometheus. That let me build a dashboard in Grafana
that can dive into specific queries and see when their executions rate
suddenly spiked or the resource usage for the query suddenly changed.

> - extension pg_stat_sql_plans (alpha) gives all of pg_stat_statements and
much more

Extending pg_stat_statements to track statistics per-plan would be a
huge advance. And being able to link the metrics with data dumped in
the log from things like log_min_duration and pg_auto_explain would
make them both more useful.

--
greg