Re: Using ini file to setup replication

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Using ini file to setup replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Samrat Revagade
<revagade.samrat@gmail.com> wrote:

> for example:
> if i want to configure 2 servers then it will add 6 lines,for 3 -9, for 4-12
> setting's for particular server will be:
>
> considering the way of setting value to conf parameters  : guc . value
>
> standby_name.'AAA'
> synchronous_transfer. commit
> wal_sender_timeout.60

I have a feeling Samrat and Sawada-san have some good use cases where
this extra syntax could be a big step up in expressiveness. But I'm
having a hard time figuring out exactly what they have in mind. If
either of you could explain in more detail how the extra syntax would
apply to your use case and how it would let you do something that you
can't already do it might be helpful.

I'm assuming the idea is something like having a single config file
which can work for the server regardless of whether it's acting as the
primary or standby and then be able to switch roles by switching a
single flag which would control which parts of the config file were
applied. But I'm having a hard time seeing how exactly that would
work.
--
greg