Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Дата
Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Список pgsql-hackers
I think that was spurious. It looked good when we looked at it yesterday. The rest that failed seemed unrelated and was also taking on my SSL patch too.

I talked to Andres about the possibility of torn reads in the pg_class stats but those are all 4-byte columns so probably safe. And in any case that's a pre-existing possibility just more likely (if it's possible at all) by frequent truncates.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023, 15:47 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-Dec-13, Greg Stark wrote:

> So here I've done it that way. It is a bit of an unfortunate layering
> since it means the heapam_handler is doing the catalog change but it
> does seem inconvenient to pass relfrozenxid etc back up and have the
> caller make the changes when there are no other changes to make.

Are you still at this?  CFbot says the meson tests failed last time for
some reason:
http://commitfest.cputube.org/greg-stark.html

--
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/