Re: [BUGS] BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 13 July 2017 at 11:04, jothiprasath216 <jothiprasath21@gmail.com> wrote:

> With this configuration, i'm left with only one log file to search for the
> error log, in which i could not find any error specific error logs.
> I have already attached the final logs which are present in the
> corresponding log file.
> That is, no logs after "LOG:  autovacuum launcher started"

I suppose we already know there was definitely some kind of I/O error
when writing the transaction log it's not a huge stretch to imagine
the same error may have prevented the log from being written. Possibly
the disk was full briefly and then the condition eased. Or possibly a
hardware fault of some kind. Filesystem errors can cause the
filesystem to be remounted ro which someone perhaps "fixed" or
rebooted the system subsequently?

One thing I was going to mention was to check "df -i" as well which
people often don't think of.

If this is a reoccurring problem you could configure the logs to be
sent remotely to a different system.

--
greg