Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Дата
Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:

> So I didn't get the memo about SFRM_Materialize. Here's a rewrite of this using that interface which seems to test ok
upto 100k. At that point I start running into memory errors on reading the HBA file so I guess that's an indication
that'slarge enough to stop worrying about it.

Hm. I'm wondering why I'm getting out of memory errors now with just
25k lines in pg_hba.conf. It looks like the HbaLine struct is "only"
472 bytes so the list should only be occupying about 11MB. In fact
it's occupying about a gigabyte:

TopMemoryContext: 8192 total in 1 blocks; 5264 free (1 chunks); 2928 used ident parser context: 0 total in 0 blocks; 0
free(0 chunks); 0 used hba parser context: 956300288 total in 126 blocks; 1694136 free (82
chunks); 954606152 used

The lines in my pg_hba.conf don't have any databases or roles listed
so there shouldn't be any tokens taking up space either. I just copied
this line 25,000 times:
local   all             all                                     trust

--
greg

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE} 2.0