Re: Improve handling of pg_stat_statements handling of bind "IN" variables

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Improve handling of pg_stat_statements handling of bind "IN" variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat., Jun. 15, 2019, 12:29 p.m. Pavel Trukhanov, <pavel.trukhanov@gmail.com> wrote:

So I don't think there's actually enough benefit to split those two apart.

Now I want to do this: just add a meta info (basically a bool field)
to the ArrayExpr struct, so on later stages we could tell if that's an
ArrayExpr of an ARRAY or of an IN list. Plus to add ignoring updating
Jumble for expression subtree within IN-list array.

If that approach doesn't seem too bad to anyone, I would like to go
forward and submit a patch – it seems pretty straightforward to
implement that.

So what would this do for someone who explicitly writes:

WHERE col = ANY ?

and pass an array?