Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm not sure what the best way to handle the hand-off from patch
contribution to reviewer/committer. If I start tweaking things then
you send in a new version it's actually more work to resolve the
conflicts. I think at this point it's easiest if I just take it from
here.

I'm puzzled about the change from pg_hba_settings to pg_hba_conf.
They're both ok but if pressed I would have preferred the original
pg_hba_settings since that's consistent with the pg_settings view.

There's no reason to quote tokens, that defeats the whole point of
breaking the keywords into a separate column. Also there's no point in
breaking out "all" but then still leaving "+foo" in the same column.
My version had that moved into a new column as well called
"recursive_roles". We could call that just "roles" or "groups" but I
was opting to the more explicit.

--
greg