Re: Minmax indexes

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marking as read-only is ok, or emitting a NOTICE so that if anyone
> changes those parameters that change the shape of the index, they know
> it needs a rebuild would be OK too. Both mechanisms work for me.

We don't actually have any of these mechanisms. They wouldn't be bad
things to have but I don't think we should gate adding new types of
indexes on adding them. In particular, the index could just hard code
a value for these parameters and having them be parameterized is
clearly better even if that doesn't produce all the warnings or
rebuild things automatically or whatever.

--
greg