Re: Minmax indexes

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Is there actually a significant usecase behind that wish or just a
> general demand for being generic? To me it seems fairly unlikely you'd
> end up with something useful by doing a minmax index over bounding
> boxes.

Isn't min/max just a 2d bounding box? If you do a bulk data load of
something like the census data then sure, every page will have data
points for some geometrically clustered set of data.

I had in mind to do a small bloom filter per block. In general any
kind of predicate like bounding box should work.

--
greg