Re: [pgsql-www] Google signin

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Google signin
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12 July 2017 at 13:23, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I've attached a screenshot of what the implementation looks like at this
> point. Obviously, CSSing and things can always be improved.

The main point of this would be to not have a new password so I find
it strange that there's still a password field at all. Maybe this is
just the CSSing you describe if you styled it so there were two
options, "log in with password" and "log in with Google" and they were
obviously two independent options. The other option with broad
coverage would be Facebook, but for our community github is also
tempting (Is OpenID still a thing?).

The big question though is whether to still require a community id at
all. If we just let anyone log in via Google and create a placeholder
account on demand if one doesn't exist then you shouldn't have to go
through the "create an account" step at all. And you shouldn't have to
remember a new userid at all.

--
greg

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: