Re: reply-to set

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: reply-to set
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> There are always bad mail hosts who send any bounce message to FROM (or
> REPLY-TO) instead of any other address.

Yes, but setting reply-to won't make those any worse. We should really
ban any such hosts from our lists.

> In general, I think reply-to for announce should be set to a black hole
> address (e.g. do-not-reply@postgresql.org).  There's never a good reason
> to reply to an -announce message.

I disagree with noreply addresses on principle. They usually just
represent the sender being lazy and not thinking hard enough about
where replies should go. Why wouldn't there be a good reason to reply
to an announcement? I've often wanted to reply to announcements.

--
greg