Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 February 2017 at 21:36, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
>> command       prompt is now
>> -----------   ---------------------------------------
>> \echo bob     ''   = initial state, no branch going on at all
>> \if yes       't' = inside a true branch
>> \if no        'tf' = false inside a true
>> \endif        't' = back to just the true branch
>> \if yes       'tt'
>> \if yes       'ttt'
>> \if yes       '...ttt' = only show the last 3, but let it be known that
>> there's at least one more'
>> \else         '...ttz' = past the point of a true bit of this branch
>

> I like the "tfz" idea. I'm not sure whether the up to 6 characters is a
> good, though.

I haven't been following this thread but just skimming through it for
the first time I thought this was more baroque than I was expecting. I
was expecting something like a { for each level of nested if you're in
so you can see how many deep you are. I didn't expect to see anything
more complex than that.

--
greg