Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 01:48, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
This is exactly the point of my question (and I figured it out too):
Where is this explained that «pg_wal.tar.gz file has to uncompressed in
pg_wal dir»?

indeed, I am not able to find or search relative reference in docs (i never used pg_basebackup for backups but mostly replica setup),
so i never ran this procedure.
although, i see a reference in test lib file to help atleast confirm the source repo has a reference to it.

i can link the c source file, but that would not be your answer.
somehow, this procedure is all over the internet, via blogs etc, but i do not know where it is in the docs.

Or, wouldn't it even be better that the files in
pg_wal.tar.gz would have the dir pg_wal in front?

I am not sure, I am the best person to answer this question.

--
Thanks,
Vijay

Сообщение: Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup
Сообщение: Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup