Re: -1/0 virtualtransaction

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: -1/0 virtualtransaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am just trying to jump in, but ignore if not relevant.

when you said    Eventually this results in an "out of shared memory" error

Can you rule out the below two scenarios (wrt /dev/shm too low in docker or query requesting for too many locks either due to parallellism/partition involved)
There have been multiple cases of out of shared memory i have read earlier for due to above.

also, is this repeatable (given you mention it happens and eventually lead to "out of shared memory")

I may be missing something, but i do not see a PID even though it has a lock granted on a page, was the process terminated explicitly or implicitly. ( and an orphan lingering ? )
ps auwwxx | grep postgres

I took the below from "src/test/regress/sql/tidscan.sql"  to simulate SIReadLock with an orphan process (by killing the process), but it gets reaped fine for me :(

postgres=# \d tidscan
              Table "public.tidscan"
 Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default
--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
 id     | integer |           |          |

postgres=# INSERT INTO tidscan VALUES (1), (2), (3);

postgres=# BEGIN ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;
BEGIN
postgres=*# SELECT * FROM tidscan WHERE ctid = '(0,1)';
 id
----
  1
(1 row)

postgres=*# -- locktype should be 'tuple'
SELECT locktype, mode FROM pg_locks WHERE pid = pg_backend_pid() AND mode = 'SIReadLock';
 locktype |    mode
----------+------------
 tuple    | SIReadLock
(1 row)

postgres=*# -- locktype should be 'tuple'
SELECT pid, locktype, mode FROM pg_locks WHERE mode = 'SIReadLock';
 pid  | locktype |    mode
 2831 | tuple    | SIReadLock
(1 row)

i thought one could attach a gdb or strace to the pid to figure out what it did before crashing.

As always, I have little knowledge on postgresql, feel free to ignore if nothing relevant.

Thanks,
Vijay