Re: pg_dumpall and tablespaces

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: pg_dumpall and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:52 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 2/2/21 8:43 AM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

> I got 2 problems concerning tablespaces:
> a) during the restore step I get lots of errors about the necessity to
> have root permissions to re-create the tablespaces and
> b) the tablespaces paths on the dump file are bound to the MAC
> filesystem (/Users/..../pg/....). I would need to re-write that path to
> my home folder or '/var/lib/....'

Do you want to maintain tablespaces on the dev machine?

If not from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pg-dumpall.html

--no-tablespaces

     Do not output commands to create tablespaces nor select tablespaces
for objects. With this option, all objects will be created in whichever
tablespace is the default during restore.

This would have to be done when the pg_dumpall is run.

That's great. I really do not need the tablespaces for dev. I will try that

thank you

От: Andrus
Сообщение: Re: permission denied for large object 200936761
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall and tablespaces