Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 Proposal for predicate locking in hash index

От Shubham Barai
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 Proposal for predicate locking in hash index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 22 June 2017 at 21:12, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Shubham Barai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that hash index support write-ahead logging, it will be great if we add
> support for predicate locking to it.
> Implementation of predicate locking in hash index seems very simple.
> I have already made changes in the code. I am currently working on testing.

So if I understand correctly, this would only cause a false positive if
two transactions have a rw/ww conflict in different tuples in the same
bucket.  Is that what we expect?

Yes, I think so. Is there any way to further reduce false positives in the same bucket?

Regards,
Shubham

Sent with Mailtrack