Re: Postgres User Home ENV Help

От michael mccafferty
Тема Re: Postgres User Home ENV Help
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I think you are trying to solve the wrong problem.

You should not be switching to user 'postgres' regularly enough that the default bash shell bothers you. Instead, you should switch to user 'postgres' only when you need superuser access to create new roles, permissions, databases, etc.

If you create a role that match your normal login, then you can run 'psql' from your normal account, and you won't need to customize user postgres' shell environment.

My two cents,
and my best regards,

Mike M