Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.

От Ibrar Ahmed
Тема Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 6:46 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> writes:
> While compiling the PostgreSQL I have found that *memset_s function
> requires a define "*__STDC_WANT_LIB_EXT1__*" *
> *explicit_bzero.c:* In function ‘*explicit_bzero*’:
> *explicit_bzero.c:23:9:* *warning: *implicit declaration of function ‘
> *memset_s*’; did you mean ‘*memset*’? [*-Wimplicit-function-declaration*]

Hmm.

> Attached is the patch to define that in the case of Solaris.

If you don't have any test you want to make before adding the
#define, I don't think this is idiomatic use of autoconf.
Personally I'd have just added "-D__STDC_WANT_LIB_EXT1__" into
the CPPFLAGS for Solaris, perhaps in src/template/solaris,
or maybe just adjust the stanza immediately above this one:

if test "$PORTNAME" = "solaris"; then
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS"
fi

                        regards, tom lane

Thanks for looking at that, yes you are right, the attached patch do that now

 if test "$PORTNAME" = "solaris"; then

   CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS"

+  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D__STDC_WANT_LIB_EXT1__"

 fi

--
Ibrar Ahmed
Вложения