Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

От Ibrar Ahmed
Тема Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 6:12 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 7/1/22 10:03 PM, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 1:49 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:
I'm going to re-create a CF entry for it, as:

- It seems there is a clear interest for the feature (given the time
already spend on it and the number of people that worked on)

- I've in mind to resume working on it

I have already done some research on that, I can definitely look at it.

Thanks!

This feature proposal is currently made of 5 sub-patches:

0001: Add info in WAL records in preparation for logical slot conflict handling
0002: Handle logical slot conflicts on standby
0003: Allow logical decoding on standby.
0004: New TAP test for logical decoding on standby
0005: Doc changes describing details about logical decoding

I suggest that we focus on one sub-patch at a time.

I'll start with 0001 and come back with a rebase addressing Andres and Robert's previous comments.

Sounds good to you?

Thanks

--
Bertrand Drouvot
That's great I am looking at "0002: Handle logical slot conflicts on standby".

--
Ibrar Ahmed