How to test GSSAPI based encryption support

От Abbas Butt
Тема How to test GSSAPI based encryption support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I want to test GSSAPI based encryption support added via commit ID b0b39f72b9904bcb80f97b35837ccff1578aa4b8.

I have built source --with-gssapi.
After installation I added the following line in pg_hba.conf
hostgssenc  all  all   172.16.214.149/24   trust
Next I ran the server and ran psql using
./psql 'host=172.16.214.149 port=5432 dbname=postgres user=abbas gssencmode=require'
and it resulted in the following error:
psql: error: could not connect to server: GSSAPI encryption required but was impossible (possibly no credential cache, no server support, or using a local socket)

What steps should I follow If I want to test just the encryption support?

If GSSAPI based encryption support cannot be tested without GSSAPI (kerberos) based authentication, then what is the purpose of having trust as authentication method for hostgssenc connections?

Best Regards
--
Abbas
Architect

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more