error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source

От Alan Etkin
Тема error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source
Дата
Список psycopg
Thanks to all the detailed tips you've posted for the issue I managed to do import psycopg2 in the CentOS 5.8 VPS:

-Removed all pg installations in the system (luckily there were no dbs to backup)
-Built/Installed last PostgreSQL dist. at standard location under /usr/local
-Re-built/installed psycopg2 source dist. (set proper pg_config parameter in setup.cfg)
-I had to do this too, because psycopg2 still complained about libqp.so.5 location (maybe because of not setting lib dirs in setup.cfg):
# cp /usr/local/<pg lib> /usr/lib

After those steps Python2.7.3 plus psycopg2 runs ok. I think the last step might have something to do with the fact that the python interpreter libraries are installed under /opt/... which I think is a distribution non-standard location setup

Note: perhaps this needs further tests for db connection or other issues

Thank you very much

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source
Сообщение: Re: error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source