Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?

От DFE
Тема Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Replies in line:

2014/1/15 Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>

I am setting up a PostgreSQL (9.3) standby server in Streaming replication.
I configured the recovery.conf file and everything working well a part of the archive_cleanup_command.

If you don't need PITR, avoid archive shipping. Streaming is recommended [#personalOpinion].
Yes, I Agree, but could be useful to troubleshoot the issue.

The WAL files shipped from the master to the temporary folder with the archive_command are correctly saved, but are never deleted from the slave server.

How are you shipping the WAL from master to temporary location? your archive_command on Master is set to use rsync or scp or ftp to ship wal files?
the archive command is a cp command:  'test ! -f /bigpart/local/incoming/%f && cp %p /bigpart/local/incoming/%f && chmod a+rx /bigpart/local/incoming/%f'

archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup /mnt/db1/incoming %r'

I think there could be some permission issues. Can you try to redirect the result to a log?
'pg_archivecleanup -d /mnt/standby/archive %r 2>>cleanup.log'
I modified the command in the recovery.conf as follow, but no changes and no entry in the log file:  archive_cleanup_command = '/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_archivecleanup /mnt/db1_incoming_wals %r 2>>/tmp/archive_cleanup.log'

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Сообщение: Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?