Re: Postgres no longer starts

От raghu ram
Тема Re: Postgres no longer starts
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Bart Lateur <bla@taxistop.be> wrote:

CentOS 5.x (now 5.8), Postgres 8.4.something. Postgres had been up and running for over a year now.

After an update on the system, and adding mod_ssl in Apache (is this related? No idea.), Postgres no longer starts up. It just fails silently. “pgstartup.log” contains only one single line:

                runuser: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted

I have no idea where to begin to debug this; Google only produces a handful of results about this error message in relation to Postgres. None fix my problem.

Whatever I do, everything just fails quietly. As far as I can see, the configuration files haven’t changed.

Help? Where do I even begin to debug this? Could a complete reinstall of Postgres and restoration of the databases help?

--

                Bart.

Could you please, try to start the cluster using "pg_ctl" utility:

Syntax: <Installation Directory>/bin/pg_ctl -D <Data Directory> start

Ex:- /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_ctl -D /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/data start

and then share the log file information

--

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram

Skypeid: raghu.ramedb

Сообщение: Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?
Сообщение: Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?