Re: when do I analyze after concurrent index creation?

От dinesh kumar
Тема Re: when do I analyze after concurrent index creation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

When we create an index, i believe the postgres engine it self update it's catalog about the index availability.

"ANALYZE" helps you to find the right plan according to the number of rows got selected. I don't think, "ANALYZE" take care of updating the index entries.

I might be wrong here, hope someone will give you better information.

Thanks,
Dinesh