Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:34 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2) I think "which is enough because the target process for logging of
> > backtrace is a backend" isn't valid anymore with 0002, righit? Please
> > remove it.
> > + * to call this function if we see PrintBacktracePending set. It is called from
> > + * CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() or from process specific interrupt handlers, which is
> > + * enough because the target process for logging of backtrace is a backend.
> >
> > > Thanks for the comments, v11 patch attached at [1] has the changes for the same.
>
> Modified

I don't see the above change in v12. Am I missing something? I still
see the comment "It is called from CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(), which is
enough because the target process for logging of backtrace is a
backend.".

+ * ProcessPrintBacktraceInterrupt - Perform logging of backtrace of this
+ * backend process.
+ *
+ * Any backend that participates in ProcSignal signaling must arrange
+ * to call this function if we see PrintBacktracePending set.
+ * It is called from CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(), which is enough because
+ * the target process for logging of backtrace is a backend.
+ */
+void
+ProcessPrintBacktraceInterrupt(void)

Regards,