Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched
Дата
Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 1:54 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan to push this in the next 24 hours or so.

I happen to see explain_resultcache in resultcache.sql, seems like two
of the tests still have numbers for cache hits and misses - Hits: 980
Misses: 20, won't these make tests unstable? Will these numbers be
same across machines? Or is it that no buildfarm had caught these? The
comment below says that, the hits and misses are not same across
machines:
-- Ensure we get some evictions.  We're unable to validate the hits and misses
-- here as the number of entries that fit in the cache at once will vary
-- between different machines.

Should we remove the hide_hitmiss parameter in explain_resultcache and
always print N for non-zero and Zero for 0 hits and misses? This
clearly shows that we have 0 or non-zero hits or misses.

Am I missing something?

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.