Re: Replication & recovery_min_apply_delay

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Replication & recovery_min_apply_delay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 11:45 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 1:01 AM Mahendra Singh Thalor
> <mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was going through and patch and trying to understand the idea that
> what we are trying to achieve here.  So basically, generally we start
> the WAL receiver when we want to fetch the WAL, but if the user has
> set the parameter WAL_RCV_START_AT_CONSISTENCY then we will start
> fetching the WAL using walreciver in advance.  IMHO the benefit of
> this idea is that with the GUC we can control whether the extra WAL
> will be collected at the primary or at the standby node right?
>
> One problem is that if the currentsource is XLOG_FROM_ARCHIVE then we
> might fetch the WAL using both walreceiver as well as from archive
> right? because we are not changing the currentsource.  Is this
> intentional or do we want to change the currentsource as well?

Is there any relation between this patch and another one at [1]?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/9AA68455-368B-484A-8A53-3C3000187A24%40yesql.se

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Unnecessary delay in streaming replication due to replay lag