Re: Cleanup - adjust the code crossing 80-column window limit

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Cleanup - adjust the code crossing 80-column window limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > one comment: instead of having block variables onexit, in the while
> > loops in shmem_exit, can we have a single local variable defined at
> > the start of the shmem_exit function
> > and reuse them in the while loops? same comment for onexit block
> > variable in proc_exit_prepare() function.
> >

> If you are worried about the declaration and initialization of the variable will
> happen with every loop cycle then you shouldn't because that happens only
> once before the loop-block is entered.

thanks. understood (just for info [1]) .

Is there a test case covering this part of the code(I'm not sure if
one exists in the regression test suite)?
If no, can we add one?

[1] - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29785789/why-do-the-objects-created-in-a-loop-have-the-same-address/29785868

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.