Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 4:24 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 04:26:18PM +0900, torikoshia wrote:
> > Yes, calling pg_stat_reset_shared() for all stats types can do what I wanted
> > to do.
> > But calling it with 6 different parameters seems tiresome and I thought it
> > would be convenient to have a parameter to delete all cluster-wide
> > statistics at once.
> >
> > I may be wrong, but I imagine that it's more common to want to delete all of
> > the statistics for an entire cluster rather than just a portion of it.
>
> If more flexibility is wanted in this function, could it be an option
> to consider a flavor like pg_stat_reset_shared(text[]), where it is
> possible to specify a list of shared stats types to reset?  Perhaps
> there are no real use cases for it, just wanted to mention it anyway
> regarding the fact that it could have benefits to refactor this code
> to use a bitwise operator for its internals with bit flags for each
> type.

I don't see a strong reason to introduce yet-another API when someone
can just call things in a loop. I could recollect a recent analogy - a
proposal to have a way to define multiple custom wait events with a
single function call instead of callers defining in a loop didn't draw
much interest.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Сообщение: Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading
Сообщение: Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading