Re: SELECT Query taking 200 ms on PostgreSQL compared to 4 ms on Oracle after migration.

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: SELECT Query taking 200 ms on PostgreSQL compared to 4 ms on Oracle after migration.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 7:08 PM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We migrated our Oracle Databases to PostgreSQL. One of the simple select query that takes 4 ms on Oracle is taking
around200 ms on PostgreSQL. Could you please advise. Please find query and query plans below. Gather cost seems high.
Willincreasing max_parallel_worker_per_gather help?

No it doesn't. For small tables, parallelism might not help since it
doesn't come for free. Try setting max_parallel_worker_per_gather to 0
i.e. without parallel query.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: aditya desai
Сообщение: SELECT Query taking 200 ms on PostgreSQL compared to 4 ms on Oracle after migration.
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: SELECT Query taking 200 ms on PostgreSQL compared to 4 ms on Oracle after migration.