Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:17 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this function, we already have the "defel" variable then I do not
> understand why you are using one extra variable and assigning defel to
> that?
> If the goal is to just improve the error message then you can simply
> use defel->defname?

Yeah. I can do that. Thanks for the comment.

While on this, I also removed  the duplicate_error and procedure_error
goto statements, because IMHO, using goto statements is not an elegant
way. I used boolean flags to do the job instead. See the attached and
let me know what you think.

Just for completion, I also attached Vignesh's latest patch v3 as-is,
in case anybody wants to review it.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения