should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?
Дата
Ответы Re: should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?  ("Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In a typical production environment, the user (not necessarily a
superuser) sometimes wants to analyze the memory usage via
pg_backend_memory_contexts view or pg_log_backend_memory_contexts
function which are accessible to only superusers. Isn't it better to
allow non-superusers with an appropriate predefined role (I'm thinking
of pg_monitor) to access them?

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.