Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 9:45 AM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2023-11-12 16:46, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 01:15:50PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >> The comments added could be better grammatically, but basically LGTM.
> >> I'll take care of that if there are no objections.
> >
> > The documentation also needed a few tweaks (for DEFAULT and the
> > argument name), so I have fixed the whole and adapted the new part of
> > the docs to that, with few little tweaks.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I assume you have already taken this into account, but I think we should
> add the same documentation to the below patch for pg_stat_reset_slru():
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACW4Fqc_m%2BOaavrOMEivZ5aBa24pVKvoXRTmuFECsNBfAg%40mail.gmail.com

Modified the docs for pg_stat_reset_slru to match with that of
pg_stat_reset_shared. PSA v2 patch.

I noticed that the commit 23c8c0c8 missed to add proargnames =>
'{target}' in .dat file for pg_stat_reset_shared, is it intentional?
Naming the argument in system_funtion.sql is enough to be able to pass
in named arguments like SELECT pg_stat_reset_shared(target := 'io');,
but is it needed in .dat file as well to keep it consistent?

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения