Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS
Дата
Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 10:25 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could change intoclause_len = strlen(intoclausestr) to
> strlen(intoclausestr) + 1 and use intoclause_len in the remaining
> places. We can avoid the +1 in the other places.
> +       /* Estimate space for into clause for CTAS. */
> +       if (IS_CTAS(intoclause) && OidIsValid(objectid))
> +       {
> +               intoclausestr = nodeToString(intoclause);
> +               intoclause_len = strlen(intoclausestr);
> +               shm_toc_estimate_chunk(&pcxt->estimator, intoclause_len + 1);
> +               shm_toc_estimate_keys(&pcxt->estimator, 1);
> +       }

Done.

> Can we use  node->nworkers_launched == 0 in place of
> node->need_to_scan_locally, that way the setting and resetting of
> node->need_to_scan_locally can be removed. Unless need_to_scan_locally
> is needed in any of the functions that gets called.
> +       /* Enable leader to insert in case no parallel workers were launched. */
> +       if (node->nworkers_launched == 0)
> +               node->need_to_scan_locally = true;
> +
> +       /*
> +        * By now, for parallel workers (if launched any), would have
> started their
> +        * work i.e. insertion to target table. In case the leader is chosen to
> +        * participate for parallel inserts in CTAS, then finish its
> share before
> +        * going to wait for the parallel workers to finish.
> +        */
> +       if (node->need_to_scan_locally)
> +       {

need_to_scan_locally is being set in ExecGather() even if
nworkers_launched > 0 it can still be true, so I think we can not
remove need_to_scan_locally in ExecParallelInsertInCTAS.

Attaching v15 patch set for further review. Note that the change is
only in 0001 patch, other patches remain unchanged from v14.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения