Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2.
> > > postgres[64154]=# select pg_print_backtrace(64136);
> > > WARNING:  01000: PID 64136 is not a PostgreSQL server process
> > > LOCATION:  pg_print_backtrace, signalfuncs.c:335
> > >  pg_print_backtrace
> > > --------------------
> > >

> > > For postmaster I am getting this WARNING "PID 64136 is not a
> > > PostgreSQL server process", even if we don't want to support this
> > > process I don't think this message is good.
> >
> > This is a generic message that is coming from pg_signal_backend, not
> > related to Vignesh's patch. I agree with you that emitting a "not
> > postgres server process" for the postmaster process which is the main
> > "postgres process" doesn't sound sensible. Please see there's already
> > a thread [1] and see the v1 patch [2] for changing this message.
> > Please let me know if you want me to revive that stalled thread?
>
> >[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACW7Rr-R7mBcBQiXWPp%3DJV5chajjTdudLiF5YcpW-BmHhg%40mail.gmail.com
> >[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACUGxedgYk-5nO8D2EJV2YHXnoycp_oqYAxDXTODhWkmkg%40mail.gmail.com
>
> Hmm, yeah I think I like the idea posted in [1], however, I could not
> open the link [2]

Thanks, I posted an updated v3 patch at [1]. Please review it there.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACWS2bJRW-bSvcoL4FvS%3DkbQ8SSWXi%3D9RFUt7uqZvTQWWw%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Should we improve "PID XXXX is not a PostgreSQL server process" warning for pg_terminate_backend(<>)?