Re: parallel vacuum - few questions on docs, comments and code

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: parallel vacuum - few questions on docs, comments and code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 11:10 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I responded on that thread and it seems there is no object to the new
> message. I have a minor comment on your patch:

Thanks Amit!

> - printf(_("  -P, --parallel=PARALLEL_DEGREE  use this many background
> workers for vacuum, if available\n"));
> + printf(_("  -P, --parallel=PARALLEL_WORKERS use this many background
> workers for vacuum, if available\n"));
>
> If the patch changes the vacuumdb code as above then isn't it better
> to change the vacuumdb docs to reflect the same. See below part of
> vacuumdb docs:
> -P parallel_degree
> --parallel=parallel_degree

Changed.

> Also, can you please check if your patch works for PG-13 as well
> because I think it is better to backpatch it?

I'm not sure about backpatching as it is not a critical bug fix. Since
the changes are user visible, I think that it's okay to backpatch.

Anyways, attaching patches for both master and v13 branch. Please
review it further.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения