Re: pg_walinspect - a new extension to get raw WAL data and WAL stats

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: pg_walinspect - a new extension to get raw WAL data and WAL stats
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:43 AM Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looking at the proposed API from the initial email, I like that there's
> > both stats functionality and WAL record inspection functionality
> > (similar to pg_waldump). I like that there's the ability to pull the
> > records as raw bytea data, however I think we're also going to want an
> > ability in v1 of the patch to decode it (similar to pageinspect
> > heap_page_item_attrs, etc).
>
> I'm yet to start working on the patch. I will be doing it soon.

Thanks all. Here's the v1 patch set for the new extension pg_walinspect. Note that I didn't include the documentation part now, I will be doing it a bit later.

Please feel free to review and provide your thoughts.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.
Вложения