Re: How to get started with contribution for GSoc 2022

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: How to get started with contribution for GSoc 2022
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 11:37 PM raunak parmar <raunakparmar1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Respected madam/sir
>
> I am Raunak Parmar and I am pursuing Btech in computer science and engineering with AIML. I have just entered my
firstyear of engineering and I am new to open source but I have sound knowledge in C++ and python, so I would like to
contributeto your organization. Please guide me through and how to get started.

> Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your interest in contributing to postgres. In general,
there are many ways one can contribute by reviewing the proposed
patches(C code) and features, documentation and tests improvements,
performance testing of features, new feature/ideas proposals and so
on. Just for reference, refer [1]. One can pick up the patches from
the in-progress or open commitfest at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/.

Related to GSoc 2022, some other hackers may have better ideas.

[1] - https://blog.timescale.com/blog/how-and-why-to-become-a-postgresql-contributor/

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Amit Kapila
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Deduplicate code updating ControleFile's DBState.