Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > If there is no such way to know the cache sizes and other info such as
> > statistics, number of entries, cache misses, hits etc.  can the
> > approach discussed here be applied?
> I think it's partially yes.
>

> > If the user knows the cache statistics and other information, may be
> > we can allow user to take appropriate actions such as allowing him to
> > delete few entries through a command or some other way.
> Yeah, one of the purposes of the features we are discussing here is to
> use them for such situation.

Thanks Kasahara for the response. I will try to understand more about
getting the cache statistics and
also will study the possibility of applying this approach being
discussed here in this thread.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.